Applies To: ■ PoliteMail Desktop □ PoliteMail Online □ PoliteMail O365
Version: ■ 4.94 ■ 4.97 ■ 5.0+
Only Self-Hosted customers will be able to stop an email message in progress by stopping Mailflow. For Cloud customers, please click the Request Support button.
- Your Server Connection must be set to Send Email via PoliteMail Server to stop mailflow.
- Starting and stopping the SMTP server will affect all PoliteMail users. If other users have emails in progress, they will be stopped also.
- This process should only be used under extreme circumstances and requires Admin rights in PoliteMail.
- Go to the PoliteMail tab within your Outlook window
- Version 5.0: Select Account > Server Info. You will see the status of the STMP Server and if there are still messages in the queue.
- Version 4.9x: Go to Settings > My Profile. Scroll to the bottom and then select 'View Server Information'.
- If there are still emails in progress, select STOP SMTP. You can select EMPTY QUEUE to delete the remaining messages from being sent.
- Do not forget to click START to restart your STMP Service when all messages have been cleared from the Queue.