If you’re using PoliteMail and a red X is appearing when you are using Add Image, or if the image does not display when being received, here are a few settings you can check:
- Open Internet Options, found in your Control Panel.
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab and scroll down to the 'Security' section.
- Find the “Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk” option. If this is enabled, this is likely the cause of the issue. Uncheck the box and click 'OK'.
If the problem persists, check the Trust Center settings in Outlook (desktop only):
- Outlook File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Automatic download
- Look at the “Don’t download pictures automatically in Standard HTML email messages” setting
- Uncheck this if it is enabled