Version: ■ 4.9 ■ 5.0 ■ 5.05
If an Admin has reset your password, follow these steps to update it on your local device:
First, Log Into PoliteMail
- Copy the password that has been sent to you by the Admin. The Admin may also send you a password with the PoliteMail software download link. This email will be called "Your PoliteMail Account is Ready" and you can copy and paste the server and password from it.
- Navigate to Outlook > POLITEMAIL> Server Connection. If blank, enter the server name from the email that was sent to you. Click OK.
- Next, you'll be asked to sign-in with your user name. Click Next, and then enter the password the Admin user has given you. Click Sign-in.
You will see a brief loading page, and then you will be brought to the Account page (My Profile in Version 4.9x). If you see the Account/My Profile page, you have successfully logged in to PoliteMail.
Second, Change Your Password
To change your password, click the Change Password link.
Enter the Admin generated password into the Current Password field. Choose a new password for yourself. The requirements are:
- At least 12 characters
- At least one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character
Confirm the new password in the next box, and select Update.
The Server Settings dialogue box will pop up, or navigate back to Server Connection. Sign in with your new password.