Applies To: ■ PoliteMail Desktop ■ PoliteMail Online □ PoliteMail O365
Version: ■ 4.9 ■ 5.0 ■ 5.05
Personal Access Tokens (PATs) allow a PoliteMail user to delegate revocable permissions to other users for use with the PoliteMail API. PATs can be granted either to internal PoliteMail users, or external vendors or users. By using a PAT, a user can authenticate as an existing PoliteMail user for a limited time when using the PoliteMail API.
Please note that the same PoliteMail user permission level as the creator of the token will be applied to the vendor.
Creating a PAT
Version 5: Go to Account > Personal Access Tokens.
Version 4.95+: Go to Preferences > Personal Access Tokens.
- Click the New button.
- Give the PAT a name and set an expiration date, then click Save. The PAT will appear.
- Click the Copy button to copy the PAT. It is important to paste the PAT somewhere safe and secure as it will disappear once you close the create window.
- You can now send the PAT to the user, who will use it to authenticate with the PoliteMail API.
- When the PAT expires, you must issue a new one.
- PATs can be revoked at any time. To revoke, simply click on the button in the Personal Access Tokens tab.
- Click here to view the PoliteMail API Entity Directory.