Applies To: ■ PoliteMail Desktop ■ PoliteMail Online □ PoliteMail O365
Version: ■ 4.9 ■ 5.0 ■ 5.05
You've sent a PoliteMail message. Now, when you check your metrics report, it’s only displaying metrics for some of your contacts.
This usually happens when your contacts have different owners. When you import a list, or manually update an existing list in PoliteMail, you have the option to assign an owner to the contacts.
Setting the ownership to All Users will ensure that you and everyone in your Group will see the metrics for all the contacts you sent messages to.
If your contacts ownership is set to a particular user, then only that user and the Admin will be able to see the metrics or messages sent to those contacts .
Changing the Ownership of an Entire List
You can change ownership of entire lists in the data grid.
- Navigate to PoliteMail > Lists > Mailing Lists
- Version 4.9x: Click the Lists tab. You will need to enable the Owner column in the Grid. Go to the pull-down menu in any of the columns and then choose Columns > Owner.
- Select the contact list you want to edit to open a new dialogue window.
- Version 4.9x: Select the contact list and then click 'Edit' in the far right.
- Under the Owner field, assign the owner to All Users.
- Click Save.
Changing the Ownership of an Individual Contact
- Navigate to PoliteMail or the Navigation Pane (online) > Lists > Contacts
- Version 4.9x: Go to the Contact or Message Grid.
- Select the contact you want to edit to open a new dialogue window.
- Click the More Details tab. Under the 'Owner' field, assign the owner to All Users.
- Click Save.
After changing the contacts to "All Owners," go back to the metrics report and see if the contacts are now showing.
If you are still experiencing issues, please click Request Support to submit a case.