Adding a Simple Survey – v4.5
PoliteMail has a Q&A control that allows you to include a simple survey in an email message. Survey questions can be set as 5 star ratings, mood type, yes or no, or multiple choice selections. If permitted, the user can see the vote tally immediately after clicking on the vote.
To include a survey in your message:
1. Click on the Q&A icon in the PoliteMail message tab.
2. Select which type of survey you would like to use
a. 5 star rating
b. How do you feel about this? (Mood type)
c. Like, dislike
d. Like, dislike, OK
e. Yes or no
f. Yes, no, or maybe
g. Question A, B, C
h. Question 1, 2, 3
3. Type your question into the Question text box.
4. Click on Add.
5. You will receive a pop up that asks if you would like users to see the results of the survey. Select yes or no.
6. If you are using a multiple choice survey type, you can change the answer text to your desired answer options. Note: These selections are hyperlinked, so when changing the text make sure you do not break the link, as this is what tracks the answers.
To view the results of your sent survey:
- Go to the main PoliteMail tab in your Outlook.
- Select Results > Messages.
- Double click the email message.
- At the bottom of the message results screen you will see the Q&A Results.
Note: Message recipients can change their survey answer at any time and the results will adjust accordingly. This won’t count as an additional vote, it will simply override their previous answer.