PoliteMail automatically tracks any link within your email (as long as it appears as a link and Outlook has underlined the link). You may type or paste link URLs directly into your email as you normally would in Outlook. To create text or image links in Outlook:
- Highlight/select the text or image to want to make into a link.
- Use the Outlook menu Insert > Hyperlink. This will open Outlook’s Insert Hyperlink dialog.
- Type or paste the full URL (including the http:// part) into the Address field and click OK.
NOTE: Links must have http:// or www. at the beginning of the URL to work.
To update a Link URL:
- Go to the main PoliteMail tab within your Inbox > Content > Links.
- Browse or search for the link you previously sent and would like to edit.
- Once you find it, select it then click Edit. Edit the URL then click Update.
Now when your recipients click the link you had sent, they will arrive at the new URL.
How to create a subscription list
A subscription list enables your recipients to opt-in and opt-out of the list themselves. Subscription lists for newsletter and other publications can be created by following the steps below.
First, you will need to create a Mailing List within PoliteMail.
From the main PoliteMail toolbar, select Lists > Mailing Lists. You can create a New list manually, import a CSV file containing the recipients or import an Outlook/Exchange distribution list. To import a list, click on Import > Select either CSV or Outlook/Exchange > Follow the import prompts.
Once a PoliteMail Mailing List is created, click on Edit and change the Subscription column to Yes.
Once a list is enabled for subscription, opt-in form is automatically created and can be accessed by checking the box next to the list name, select Actions > View Opt-in Page. To edit the opt-in page, select the list > click on Actions > View Opt-in Settings.
Once a list is enabled for subscription, it will automatically appear on the opt-out page as an option.
Adding a Simple Survey – v4.5
PoliteMail has a Q&A control that allows you to include a simple survey in an email message. Survey questions can be set as 5 star ratings, mood type, yes or no, or multiple choice selections. If permitted, the user can see the vote tally immediately after clicking on the vote.
To include a survey in your message:
1. Click on the Q&A icon in the PoliteMail message tab.
2. Select which type of survey you would like to use
a. 5 star rating
b. How do you feel about this? (Mood type)
c. Like, dislike
d. Like, dislike, OK
e. Yes or no
f. Yes, no, or maybe
g. Question A, B, C
h. Question 1, 2, 3
3. Type your question into the Question text box.
4. Click on Add.
5. You will receive a pop up that asks if you would like users to see the results of the survey. Select yes or no.
6. If you are using a multiple choice survey type, you can change the answer text to your desired answer options. Note: These selections are hyperlinked, so when changing the text make sure you do not break the link, as this is what tracks the answers.
To view the results of your sent survey:
- Go to the main PoliteMail tab in your Outlook.
- Select Results > Messages.
- Double click the email message.
- At the bottom of the message results screen you will see the Q&A Results.
Note: Message recipients can change their survey answer at any time and the results will adjust accordingly. This won’t count as an additional vote, it will simply override their previous answer.
Use of PoliteMail requires the Windows desktop version of PoliteMail. PoliteMail does not work with Outlook online/Office 365, or with Office for Mac. Microsoft does not support any add-ins for Office for Mac.
Now see where your opens and clicks are coming from.
Key Metrics Over Time & Read-Time Charting
More visualization options for more intuitive analysis.
Modernized Data Grid Controls
Adjustable data columns (with memory) allow you to create your own list views.
Filtering, Sorting and Exporting
Grid views now contain key metrics and enable filtering, sorting and exporting of all data and calculated fields.
Report Archiving and Data Caching
For faster, more efficient email metrics reporting, with automatic database growth controls.
More Mobile Responsive Designs
Create more modern, flexible email layouts that read well on desktops and mobile devices.
RESTful API and ODATA connectivity
Create custom applications or Excel PowerView mash-ups using PoliteMail functionality & data.