See also: Adding trusting sites to IE
To improve monitoring and measurement of internal employee email and gain nearly 100% open rates, company IT or Exchange administrators can set group policy to enable automatic picture download for internal email communications (email sent within your own company domains). Automatic picture download allows PoliteMail to track internal email opens more consistently, yielding more accurate email metrics reporting.
Use the following procedure to configure Junk E-mail Filter options in Outlook 2007. The Outlook template and other ADM files can be downloaded from 2007 Office System Administrative Templates (ADM) on the Microsoft Download Center.
There are two group policy settings that should be made to enable this.
Configuration for automatic picture download behavior in Outlook 2007:
- In Group Policy, load the Office Outlook 2007 template (Outlk12.adm).
- Under User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesMicrosoft Office Outlook 2007Tools | OptionsSecurity, click Automatic Picture Download Settings.
- Double-click Include Intranet in Safe Zones for Automatic Picture Download
- Click Enabled.
- Click OK.
Configure Outlook 2007 Junk E-mail Filter settings in Group Policy:
- Create a text file “safedomains.txt” available on your network, containing a list of all valid email domains used within your organization. Each domain should be on it’s own line in the format “@yourdomain.com” (separated by carriage returns).
- In Group Policy, load the Office Outlook 2007 template (Outlk12.adm) and go to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesMicrosoft Office Outlook 2007Tools | Options…PreferencesJunk E-mail
- Double-click Specify path to Safe Senders list, and then specify the path to the domains list you created in step 1.
- If appropriate, select Trust E-mail from Contacts, and click Enabled.
- If appropriate, select Add e-mail recipients to users’ Safe Senders Lists, and click Enabled.
- Click OK.