Managing Mailing Lists
Import an Excel File into PoliteMail
1. Open the file in Excel.
2. Use File > Save As > Other Formats > CSV (comma delimited).
3. Click OK and Yes to the two questions Excel asks.
4. Choose Manage Lists from the PoliteMail toolbar.
5. Click the Import button on the toolbar.
6. Browse and select your CSV file and click Open.
|Your Excel or CSV file should be in a format such as this,
where the top row is field names, and the following rows are the data records, each column being one field.To save an Excel file as a CSV file, open in Excel, then use File > Save As > Other Formats > CSV (comma delimited) then OK, Yes.
Once you have selected your data source for the import, complete the dialogs to finish the import process. Once complete, your new or updated list will be available from Manage Lists.
7. Name your new list, or select an existing list to import into, and click Next.
8. Ensure all the data fields are aligned (PoliteMail will take its best guess), and click Import.
9. Within the Manage Lists window, double-click the list name to view all the contacts on the list.
|To complete your import process, just give your import a name or select an existing list to import into, then click Next.|
|Ensure the data from your import is being mapped to the proper PoliteMail fields (best guess is made by default).|