Add or Change Links
Links within pre-designed templates are placeholders only, with no destination URLs. To create an active link you may type or paste the link URL directly into the text, or to create a text link such as Click here, simply select the text (or image) you want to make into a link and use Outlook’s Insert > Hyperlink command. Make sure you type the full URL (including the http:// part) into the address field.
To edit any existing link:
- Select/highlight the link, text or image.
- Use the Outlook menu Insert > Hyperlink command to edit the URL.
- Make sure you type the full URL (including the http:// part) into the address field.
For an internal links (bookmarks) within a message, such as the table of contents at the top of a newsletter that link down to the article within the email message:
- Place the cursor at the very beginning or just above the article you want to link to.
- Use the Outlook menu Insert > Bookmark and give the bookmark a name (e.g. “Article3”)
- Within the table of contents area, add a line of text as a reference to the article (or copy and paste and existing link, then replace the text).
- Highlight the text you want to make a link.
- Use Insert > Hyperlink, and select Bookmark, then choose the bookmark name (e.g. “Article3”).